Therapy for Intimacy and Relationship Issues offered through iCare Counseling in St. Louis, MO & Olivette, MO
Intimacy problems widely occur behind a variety of closed doors are not always sexual in nature. Intimacy is reflected by how close we feel to our partner mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, as well as physically. Conflicts may include a loss of harmony in the bedroom, a lack of sexual desire between either partners or failure in communication due to a lack of connection. There are often psychological factors that may contribute such as erectile dysfunction, or a lowered desire after a new mother has given birth. Intimacy issues are common, but if one or more become severe and there is no resolution in sight, it may be time to seek therapy for guidance.
What Makes a Satisfactory Relationship?
• Mutual Respect
Some of the signs that intimacy problems are affecting a relationship include:
• Disappointment in oneself or the relationship
• One or both partners are feeling dissatisfied
• Couples lack communication and disconnect from one another
• One or both partners feel neglected or unwanted
• A feeling of sexual boredom or unhappiness
Steps to take for treating intimacy issues begin with:
• Psychosexual Therapy: this technique allows couples to express themselves in a safe environment with a trusted and supportive professional.
• Relationship Counseling: healthy relationships require strong connections and time to build trust. Whatever the issue may be, a counselor can work with individuals together or separate to overcome the problem.
Call Today 314-991-0100 ext. 752 for more information on this service of Intimacy and Relationship Issues.