Going to couples therapy is an important first step in saying, "I am not ready to give up." In couples therapy, we will work to reestablish trust, foster an emotionally safe environment, discuss practical steps necessary for moving forward, and work towards redefining the relationship. So often after an infidelity, the injured partner lives in the past and the injurer wants to forget the past and move forward. This creates tremendous conflict while trying to recover and heal. A therapist can help guide the conversations towards healing, making sure both partners feel seen and heard.
Infidelity in a relationship can create several issues including:
- Broken trust
- Lack of faith in the relationship
- Poor communication
- Emotional and Physical Distance
- Disagreements regarding privacy
Couples Therapy can help to heal some of these issues by:
- Rebuilding trust
- Encouraging a renewed faith and hope in the relationship
- Fostering a new and healthy way to communicate
- Establishing a sense of closeness, both emotionally and physically
- Setting clear rules/boundaries regarding privacy that encourage trust and openness
- Calmer home environment, especially important when children are present
If you are recovering from infidelity and Couples Therapy is something you would like to explore, please fill out an appointment request and I will get back to you within 24 hours.